Our goal is to provide a healthy environment aboard our ship. By ensuring that our staff and travelers pre-trip have done everything in our power to board healthy we then have to consider the cleanliness procedures of the health of our vessel. The following is a list of protocols that we will follow to ensure that your experience on the Magellan Explorer with us is worry-free.
Social Distancing Onboard
- Our small ships have the advantage of being less crowded by nature. Our Spacious panoramic public areas allow for comfortable seating according to social distancing requirements.
- The majority of cabins have private balconies allowing full enjoyment of the trip while granting privacy and protection from crowding.
- Wide outer hallways and easily accessible decks for optimal wildlife viewing.
- Open bridge policy may be suspended to reduce risks related with exposure to contagion for bridge navigation officers.
- The use of PPE such as face masks may be required when unable to maintain social distance.
Air and Water Quality
- Vessel air handlers are equipped with both UV and HEPA filtration systems allowing to purify and sanitize the air inside the entire ship.
- Dedicated cabins are fully equipped with independent HVAC service for isolation.
- Freshwater production and supply is equipped with UV filtration system allowing to sanitise all the freshwater on board (including showers, sinks, toilets, etc.).
- A designated sanitation team and Covid-19 sanitation protocols will be in place.
- Disembarkation areas will be sanitized between groups and between excursions.
- All common areas, with particular care for high-touch points, will be thoroughly and regularly sanitized according to the most updated international protocols.
- In addition to daily cleaning, all cabins will be deep-cleaned and sanitized between cruises.
- All luggages and storage areas will be disinfected prior to loading.
- Antarctica21 will have xx number of isolation cabins in case there is a need to quarantine any staff or guests onboard the ship during an expedition.
- Travelers onboard our ships will adhere to the new health and safety guidelines to help maintain a safe environment onboard. This includes following the protocols for the dining area as well as any social distancing measures that are in place for other public areas of the ship.